Sunday, October 5, 2008

A word about potty training


I found out that potty training is more about Naphs and I training ourselves in asking Ashie if he needs to go and rushing him off to the bathroom. Then helping him understand when he needs to go. I think we realized success in potty training when Ashie came in from the back yard only wearing his t-shirt (his pants and underwear discarded) exclaiming "mom, I peed in the grass!" Yup, he was out playing realized he had to pee and took care of it himself. It isn't the approved method of peeing, but I am proud of him for realizing the urge to pee. Thankfully, when he is in the house he runs of to the toilet to go potty.

Ashie I am so proud of you for learning to go potty in the BIG BOY toilet. You are my smart BIG BOY and I love you!

3 comments:

Missletoe said...

Yeah! Ashy! As Abz would say, "No more diapers for me!"

Bam Pah said...

Has anyone else noticed that Mindurs has developed a seeming fixation on all things toilet. Mindy, get a grip. Your last to blogs have had to do with potties.

Tamra said...

Aren't you glad your potty training a boy, now we all now how to bribe our little boys to potty train-just use the back yard. Congrats on the success. I have a two year I am ready for someone to train-wanna volunteer??