Monday, April 7, 2008

Momentous Day

Today was a momentous day for a few reasons...............
Reason number 1 - ASHIE peed in the big boy potty! Hooray!

We've been trying to get Ashie to use the big boy potty for weeks now and haven't been successful, to be honest we have only been training him half-heartedly. Ashie was very proud of himself after his big accomplishment. Hopefully, he continues to use the big boy potty!

Reason number 2 - I finally ran 20 miles! Go me!

I have been putting and putting this 20 mile run off for weeks now, but alas I couldn't put it off any longer seeing as the marathon is a week and a half away. The first 17 miles were fairly easy the last three were stinking hard. Seriously, I hit a wall. Lets just say I did a lot of walking in the last 3 miles. Blah! 20 miles is 20 miles if I walk or run, so I am stinking proud of myself!

Reason number 3 - It is official I finally signed up for the Salt Lake City Marathon!

That's right folks I paid $87 to run this marathon so there is no turning back now. I am excited to get this goal off of my list. I do like running I just HATE running for 3, 4, 5 hours straight - yuk! I can't wait to get back to 3 mile runs that only take 30 minutes. Ah the easy life.

10 comments:

Amanda Bishop said...

I am so proud of you...and so jealous (in a weird way!). Go girl, go girl!

Bam Pah said...

you are spectacular. I never ran 20 miles at one time. My top was 17. You are soooo cool...

Michelle said...

congrats to Asher!!!
and as for you - way to go! I have been wondering about you. I ran for 5 minutes one day

Missletoe said...

COngratulations Ashie!!!

You know you are ready for the marathon when you consider 10 miles a "short" run. You are there! I will be cheering you on!!!

Glama said...

Wow! Both of you are amazing. There is no way I would walk 20 miles yet attempt to run 20 miles. Both you and Missletoe must get that wonderful "stick-to-itness" from Bampa. At one time he was a dedicated runner. I should have encouraged him when he talked about running in a marathon. We will be cheering you on. Love ya!

Heather said...

Good Job!

Andy said...

Driving 20 miles makes me tired.

But I still think I'd rather run 20than tackle potty training any time again soon. Good luck! With ALL of it.

Are you girls ALL runners? Good grief.

jamieleighcall said...

You're amazing! I was thinking about you the other day as I ran my two miles and nearly passed out. :) Good luck next week!

Tony said...

Good Luck on the Race. Suzanne is really jealous. If you need a partner for next year you know who to call...

Tamra said...

You Go!! But wow $87.00 to torture yourself. Humm, I can run about 3 1/2 miles before I want to die, I cannot even comprehend 20. Congrats on the potty! Potty trained children is a rewarding thing-I never imagined I'd cheer for body fluids.