
Yesterday while Ashie was hanging out with Glama they made Christmas wish lists and guess what was on the top of his list? A skate board. Ashie actually has been pretty consistent in expressing his wish of getting a skate board. When asked why he wants a skate board he always reply's because that is what the big boy's have. We live in a neighborhood full of big boys that can do cool tricks on skate boards and Ashie loves watching and being with the big boys.
My question to you is what do you do when your child consistently asks for a present you DON'T want to get for them? Do I ignore the request? Do I indulge him in his request? or do I let Santa be the one that disappoints him?
7 comments:
just get him the skateboard...you want him to be happy and it is obviously something that will make him happy...you aren't going to be able to control everything about his whole life...he needs to be able to be his own person.
ummmm....Jenna gets everything she wants. Wait, no she doesn't. They have the little boy ones that would be perfect. You could get him a scooter (like the razor ones) and tell him it's a skate board with handle bars
Get him the skate board (and all of the protective gear you can find!). He'll be scooting around before you know it!
Yes, Nerak I do want him to be his own person, but I am a little gun shy about the skate board because he's already had stitches and a broken arm. Both of which I wouldn't like to repeat.
In the end we did get him the skate board I don't think he will try to stand on it. He will probably just scoot around on it while sitting on his bum
maybe the kid is just destined for accidents...most families have one of those.
I would have probably ended up giving in too, but I understand your being reluctant. So I just checked my messages for the first time in weeks and saw that you called. I will be calling soon so we can catch up. We need to do something soon, you need to meet little Tyce. I just put the cutest picture of him on my blog. I am not even sure of when we last got together! Talk to ya soon.
Would he take a scooter instead??Buy a really good helmet otherwise, or do what I do explain that Santa has strange rules, like for example he wont give children a puppy is a mommy is pregnant or has a baby less than 1. Santa's rule for skateboards could be he only gives them to 6 year olds, so he is saving it until then.
Post a Comment