Sunday, December 30, 2007

Ending 2007 with a bang....literally!!!





Yup, we spent the evening at the ER last night because Ashie banged his head so hard on Glama's coffee table he ended up needing 4 stitches. Through our ER experience we learned that doctors like well dressed little kids; we were taken care of speedily and I accredit it to Ashie looking styling in his Kenneth Cole sweater vest and dress slacks. Surprisingly enough he didn't get any blood on his clothes. In reality we were probably taken care of fast because Ashie is a 2 year old and doesn't have much patience. We did however get lots of comments on Ashie's great outfit! We also learned that Ashie has amazing lung capacity; seriously, we are pretty sure he cleared out the ER waiting room with his screaming. We also learned that Ashie is surprisingly strong; Naph's and the male nurse both broke out in a sweat holding little Ashie down for the stitches.

Apparently head wounds via coffee tables are common at the ER; we didn't even have to tell the intake girl what happened to Ashie, she straight up guessed. For that matter anyone who saw Ashie at the ER said, "let me guess he had a run in with a coffee table".

Our tip to you in 2008 is WATCH-OUT for those coffee tables they are DANGEROUS!

8 comments:

Heart Mommy said...

Oh those darn coffee tables.. I will remember that they bite!!!! He is so darn cute...Sorry about the ouchie...

Angie said...

Ouch! Good thing you have a tough little guy! I am glad he is okay! Those stitches look like they hurt!!!!

Bam Pah said...

Mindurs: We have replaced the mean old table with the nice soft padded foot thing.

Glama said...

Well, we haven't replaced the coffee table just yet. We have discussed it, but the actual moving has not taken place yet. We talked about putting the foot stool over between the couches and chair, but Murphy loves to snuggle up on it in the south window. There she can run the whole command center. She can guard the home, see who is coming, bark at the neighbors, bask in the warmth of the sunlight while snuggling on the fleece throws...and so on. How could we be so cruel to move an object that gives so much joy to one who selflessly gives the rest of the family so much joy and protection?
The table is going to get a move. It may be a great excuse to purchase something different....hmmm

Mindurs said...

Glama,

You don't have to replace your coffee table. It could have happened anywhere, even here at my house. We will just be more careful around the coffee table from now on.

Yes, I agree you can't take the Murphy's thrown away!

The Redhead said...

Ok, so its time to admit it. I have been "spying" on your blog fo a while now. This is what I do late at night when I don't have to take care of kids. I check email and look at blogs. I think I found yours on Dianas. Yours is way cute and I just wanted to say, Poor Asher! I remember working at the Instacare and having to help hold down the little kids for stitches. It seriously breaks your heart! Good thing he's a tough little guy!

Missletoe said...

That is a pretty mean bite! I'd hate to see how the coffee table faired!

Terry said...

Don't you just hate those coffee tables. I remember we did the same thing with a night stand. So beware of those to.
New years eve was so fun, I'm glad you guys were there!