On my 35 week visit to the midwives they noticed that I was itching my body quit a lot. The midwife at that point asked me if I always itched. Baffled I looked at her and said yes I do, I have Cholestasis of pregnancy, it is in my charts. The midwife was shocked as if this is the first she heard of me having it. Too be fair I never saw the same midwife twice so it was the first she heard, but if she would have read my charts she would have seen I had it. To make a long story short the midwife freaked out sent me in for blood work and non-stress tests and scheduled me for delivery at 37 weeks. This meant my plans for delivering in Utah had to be cancelled and we had to arrange for Glama Tuzie to come out to be with the boys.
March 4 was eviction day, but I didn't actually deliver until March 5 as my labor was 16 hours long. By far my longest labor. The midwife and my delivery nurse gave me pitocin to induce labor and every hour or so they would increase my pitocin levels. I told the midwife several times that I usually deliver within 3 hours of my water being popped. She didn't want to risk it as breaking waters may cause infection if the labor is too long. Finally after 13 hrs of labor and my body not really progressing my dear sweet nurse convinced the midwife to pop my water. The midwife obliged and baby Lex arrived three hours later. His labor may have been my longest, but his delivery and my recovery was my best.
The second my baby was born he/she was handed over to Nate who pried open the babies legs to see if we were adding another boy to our brood or a lone female. A BOY! So we became a family of 4 boys. I was thrilled so was Nate!
After gender was determined I was able to hold my baby and nobody took him away from me for at least an hour or two. The first bath was given right in my room, so I actually got to see it. It was the first bath of my baby that I actually got to see.
I fell in love with my sweet Lex at first sight. I am one lucky mom to be blessed with 4 boys!
Nate and I have both always liked the name Alexander with the nickname of Lex, so that is where his first name came from. Joseph is after my grandpa, my great grandpa, and my great, great grandpa.
Me at 37 weeks 16 hours before delivery
First cuddles with my little guy
Saying hi to dad
7lbs 15oz not bad for being 3 weeks early
First bath
Meeting Glama Tuzie
Meeting big brothers
More snuggles with dad
Mom and her 4 boys

No comments:
Post a Comment