Friday, January 25, 2013

31 fabulous weeks!

That is right I am into the single digits of this pregnancy. Let the countdown begin.



I haven't ever written this down before and have regretted it. My Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy (ICP) kicked in around 31 weeks this pregnancy. The itching isn't horrible quit yet, thank heavens. I am hoping with a the combinations of strict diet of no fats and sugars,  keeping my body (i.e. blood cool) and working out everyday I can keep my itching bearable. I also hope I don't break out in hives like I did with Lil' B. Now that was terrible because the hives lasted a few weeks after the pregnancy when the ICP leaves as soon as the baby is born.

The plan at this point is to drive to Utah to deliver this baby. I love my OBGYN. He knows me and my deliveries and it is so hard to trust anyone else. It is also easier to have the baby in Utah as we can get more help from family. Finally, our insurance works in Utah just as well as it does in California so why the heck not.

This baby couldn't have it's due date at a better time as the boys go on a two week school break starting March 14. The plan is to drive to Utah on the 14, visit my doctor on Monday, March 18, and hopefully the doctor decides to induce labor either the 19 or 20th. A girl can plan and dream how she wants her delivery to go, but we all know the baby comes when it is ready. I just hope this little one is on board with our plan. BTW the baby is due March 24 and we are waiting to find out the gender.

I am still riding my bike to the boys school at least twice a week and love the exercise. The bike riding isn't hard on my body at all. I am also doing some Zumba, weight lifting, and yoga during the week. I learned with Coaches pregnancy and delivery that exercising during pregnancy makes me feel awesome and the delivery goes so much more smoother.

1 comment:

Missletoe said...

Yeah for our new cousin! Thanks for making us such great buddies!