If you are a lover of salads as I am, you might enjoy this receipe. Just a little something I made up.
Rice Bean Mixture (for bottom of salad)
1 (14.5oz) jar/can Tomatoes, diced undrained (I use flavored tomatoes like garlic flavored)
1(16 oz) jar of salsa
2 (14.5oz) can fat free chicken broth
1 cup quaker oat barley (can be substitute with rice)
1 & 1/4 cup of long grain rice
2 cups water
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon garlic
1 (15 oz) can black beans
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
1 (15 oz) can corn
3 cups chicken breast cooked and cut
Combine first 7 ingredients, bring to boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans, corn, and chicken; increase heat to high until mixture comes to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for another 5 minutes until barley and rice are tender.
Cool rice bean mixture (I usually make the rice bean mixture the night before, for to reasons so it can marinate a little longer plus it becomes plenty cool for you salad.
Once the rice bean mixture is cooled, fill the bottom 1/4 of your salad bowl with the mixture.
The secret to a good salad is add LOTS of vegetables!!!
Salad Ingredients:
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Olives
Cucumbers
Avocado's
squeeze lime juice onto the lettuce
Top the salad with fresh salsa, guacamolie, sour cream, and cheese
Line the bowl with lime wedges
This salad is full of so much goodness that you don't need salad dressing.
ENJOY!
4 comments:
Mmmmm.... That is making my mouth water! Nothing better than a real good hearty salad!
Sounds delicious! I'll have to make it for dinner this week.
i thought limes for the dressing were for old people until i tried it the other week. i'll have to try your yummy recipe! call me...=)
This salad is DIVINE ... and I can say that after eating it 4 days in a row!
Post a Comment