We haven't been any where in particular, we just have been super busy. About three weeks ago I started working full-time and haven't had much time to attend to our blog. Yup, I am working full time again. To make a long story short, health insurance at Nate's new job will cost the family (gasp) $900 a month, so I took a full time job at the University of Utah's Marriott Library, just for health insurance. I have been working at the library in some capacity for the last ten years so when I asked for a job they were happy to open one for me. I am now the Annual Giving and Grants Coordinator for the library. What that means is I am in charge of fundraising small funds for the library anything under $25,000 is mine to raise. Within the next 18 months I should be raising 1 million dollars a year. Yikes! I am up for the challenge and am excited for the wonderful learning experience!
You ask, where are the boys while I work? Well I found a great little neighborhood daycare. They boys seem very happy at daycare so that helps assuage my guilt. It is hard working full-time when you have such little ones at home, but what is a family going to do when they can't afford health insurance. Hopefully, this is a short term solution.
Work hasn't kept us from having fun though. Last weekend we spent camping with Grandma C. and lots of cousins. Ah good times! Grandma C. sure does take care of us when we go camping with her. We can't wait to go back, seeing as she bought a four wheeler for us to play with. We love you Grandma C!
And this weekend we went a saw Wall'e twice on Kennecott's dime - THANKS Kennecott! Ashie and Naph's sure did enjoy Wall'e, Coach on the other hand got bored with it pretty fast. Luckily eating popcorn and candy kept him busy for awhile. Tonight we went up Millcreek Canyon for Bampa's birthday party. The boys had a blast getting dirty, Naph's and I had fun just being with family!
AND this week we will be celebrating Ashie's third birthday! Naph's likes to go all out for Ashie's birthday. I've attached a few pictures to show some of the activities we will be doing on our little guy's special day. From Wednesday night on we will be celebrating the 4th of July - got to love holidays!
I hope you all have an awesome 4th!
6 comments:
Mindy good luck with your job. I know how hard it can be to go to work. But you can do it. And your kids will be just fine. I hate the guilt we mothers put on ourselves, when we can't just stay at home.
Call if you need help with something.
Good luck with everything, sounds like you have been busy.
You busy woman! I'm sorry you had to go work full time, but it sounds like that was the best thing for your family right now! Health insurance in a blessing and a pain! I'm glad you found a neighborhood daycare you and your boys like-that's so important!
Happy 4th to you as well.
Thanks for posting pictures of your cute boys! I miss those little guys and can't wait to see them in September. Happy birthday Ashie!
Happy B-Day Ashie! Your legs are looking so long and lean! Don't grow up too much before we get out there to play with you. We LOVE you guys!
So busy! The job sounds fascinating! I love being home full time and would not trade it, but at time I miss my former career and using my brain and further developing those talents. I am glad you have a solution that works for your family though and a job that you enjoy!
Post a Comment