someone had the nerve to ask me if I was PREGNANT! In response I double fisted my belly fat roll and said "nope this is all me."
Seriously, when are people going to learn not to ask that question? Got that people never, I mean NEVEEEEER ask a women if she is pregnant, even if she is near bursting. Next time I get asked that question some fists are going to be thrown.
THANKS for the affirmation I needed about signing up for Weight Watchers. Now I am off to the bathroom to stick my finger down my throat to purge away my fatness. Like I could ever do that, but that is how I feel at this low point in my life.
SERIOUSLY NEVER ASK A WOMEN IF SHE IS PREGNANT. Especially if you are a women!!!
Sob :(
14 comments:
You are so funny! You look amazing, you always do! Not to mention you are always running. I don't think you need weight watchers AT ALL. So, about asking the prego question. It is the cardinal rule that EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW!!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER ask someone if they are pregnant, it is WAY too risky! I always let someone offer the info, never ask.
Hey, I didn't ask you IF you were pregnant, I asked you if you were ready for another baby. You don't look pregnant at all and that is not what I was suggesting. I am really sorry if I hurt your feelings. I always seem to have my foot in my mouth.
No, no Jennifer it wasn't you at all. It was a lady at work, she even went for my belly when she asked. I knew you were asking if I was ready for another baby.
You look great-I don't know what the person was talking about! I'm sorry someone asked you that though. Everyone, especially women, should know you NEVER ask that question!!
Holy Cow Mindy! You are in such great shape, I think the woman who said that must have been having a bad day or something. I have had the same question asked of me before I was pregnant with Joseph. Broke my heart! Just know I think you look great!
you are funny and I agree! I don't remember who but some guy asked me if I was but I blew it off because guys can be a little dingy! :)
I have a better one. I was 8 mos pg with Mikey and at an ice cream store with the kids. I think this lady maybe could not tell I was prego and said I see you really like ice cream! I wanted to hit her what a jerk!!! I understand, what I can't understand is saying that to you! Seriously what was she thinking?
I am absolutely positive no one could mistake you for pregnant. You don't even have the wonderful baby bump. If they suspected you were pregnant it was only because you had the flu at your house recently and there have been many time in my life that I've had the "flu" and it wasn't exaclty the flu, it was the long lasting alien growth virus, so maybe they just thought you were pulling a pregnancy cover up.
Next time ask " Why, are you?". This also make me think of Mom's favorite story of the lady in one of mom's old wards that was constently prego's and mom took it upon herself to poke her in the stomach and say "You cute little rabbit". Only moms hand just pushed into the poor womens flabby tummy. I would also take comfort in the fact that you are the envy of all the Davis girls with your long loverly legs!
Much love, Pregonerz
You don't look preggo at all... and we've all seen your Mexico pics in your swimsuit. You look amazing, Mindy. That lady (should I guess who it was :) ) at work was probably smokin' something. I had the same thing happen after I had Ben. Jake and I were trying for Emma but not pregnant yet and I had lost all the baby weight from Ben. I was running every day and in the best shape since high school. Then some woman visiting our neighbor had the nerve to ask me if I was pregnant. I could have smacked her. Just know, I feel your pain. And don't listen to her. You really do look incredible!
Maybe people feel like asking someone skinny if they are pregnant won't hurt their feeling, because you look so awesome! But I agree, people should just know you NEVER ask. =)
shoot I thought you were going to say you had been visiting G-ma L.
-Michelle
Here's a twist....When Bampa was Mayor, there was a man who work for Wasatch Front Regional Council who alway had the knack of sticking his foot in his mouth. I found him to be extremely offensive. I was about 6 mos. pregnant with B. and Nersey and was pretty big at the time. I was at City Hall and he walked in...his eyes got gignormous as he looked at my ever growing tummy and said , "Haven't you had THAT baby yet?" Calmly without blinking my eyes, I looked blankly back at him and said, I AM NOT PREGNANT!' I loved it!
Thanks for your comment. I really feel motivated to do this. I had my first session with my trainer this morning and he kicked my butt. I thought I was going to puke! I'm excited though, to feel good and see results. My trainer has me on a calorie counter thing and has me loading up on lean protein and good carbs. I think this is going to be the hardest part for me. I've never been a very healthy eater, just grab whatever is around and go. So, making me really think about what I put into my mouth will be an eye opener, I'm sure.
The longest I've ever run in my life is 5 miles. 13 miles is a pretty heft goal. I don't know how you could do 26. Maybe it is all a mind game. You will have to let me know your tricks! I'm still amazed you ran it this year... and want to run it again next year! You're amazing. Thanks again for the encouragement.
Post a Comment